Dynamic X-Tension, Pediatric
X-tension is first to market with the development of post fitting/ fabrication dorsiflexion limiter for custom AFOs. It is designed to prevent drop off at terminal stance by resisting (Dynamic X-tension) or stopping (Static X-tension) tibial progression over the foot.
X-tension bands come in Dynamic or Static options in both pediatric and adult sizes.
Dynamic X-tension bands resist dorsiflexion and generate plantar flexion assistance resulting in: increased third rocker power, contralateral step length, and single limb stability. Resistance is adjusted by selecting different thicknesses. Adult thicknesses are 1/8", 5/32", 3/16", and 1/4". Pediatric thicknesses are 3/32", 1/8", 5/32", and 3/16".
Static X-tension bands only come in one thickness and rigidly lock the AFO.
As part of LaunchPad's TRIO innovations, X-tension works in combinations with SNAPstop and Pivot ankle joints to achieve desired shank-to-floor alignments and tuning optimization.
Consider treating those sagittal plane compensations with knee extension, and flexion deficits, by increasing single limb stance stability and overall ambulatory confidence in your patient.
Features and Benefits:
- Resist tibial progression (dorsiflexion) through stance phase transitions over the foot
- Increases 3rd rocker power
- Increases contralateral step length
- Tunable resistance (4 Adult, 4 Pediatric thicknesses)
- Externally rotated foot projection angles
- Decreased 3rd rocker power
- Lack of tibial progression
- Shortened contralateral step length
- Mild crouch throughout stance phase
- Slow cadence
LCODE Recommendation: L2220 x 2 Dorsiflexion and Plantarflexion assist/resist