Comfort-Brake Knee (Pneumatic System)
- Product Information
- Friction and wear are minimized through state-of-the-art bearing technology.
- Brake mechanism was further optimized.
- Result is a high degree of functional reliability and extended life.
- Fresh visual appearance underlines the technical innovations.
- 3R92, recommended for Mobility Grades 2 and 3.
Function and benefits
Both knee joints are equipped with an innovative, load-dependant brake mechanism. The brake mechanism engages when the heel is loaded. It stabilizes the prosthesis and achieves a high degree of safety during the entire stance phase. The braking mechanism releases automatically when the forefoot is loaded, and the swing phase can be initiated easily and harmoniously. Unphysiological movements, such as hip hike are minimized with this system and this helps to create a secure, harmonious gait.
3R92 with dual-chamber pneumatic system
The pneumatic swing phase control allows a significantly more harmonic gait for the prosthesis wearer. The flexion and extension damping is individually and continuously adjustable to match individual requirements. In particular, users with Mobility Grades 2 and 3 will appreciate the smooth and energy-efficient functionality of the progressive pneumatic swing phase control.
Further advantages of the 3R92
A blue ring on the upper section of the joints makes prosthetic alignment easier. The plumb line is simply placed at the outer ring of the disk, thereby allowing the recommended 15 mm posterior placement to be realized without measuring. In this way the functional advantages of the joints, in particular the initiation of the swing phase under load, can be put to optimal use. This prevents premature wear of the components. The newly designed plastic elements cover the mechanical components of the knee joint and protect the cosmetic foam.
- Activity Level K2, K3
- Maximum Body Weight 125 kg (275lbs)
- Material Aluminum
- Proximal Connection Pyramid Adapter
- Distal Connection Tube Clamp
- Maximum Knee Flexion Angle 135 degrees
- Knee Center to Proximal Connection 40 mm
- Product Weight 895 g
- Patient Weight Limit: 275lbs
- Age Group: Adult
- Supplier URL: professionals.ottobockus.com
- Supplier L Code: L5822, L5845, L5850
- Rewards: No