Trans-Tibial Molding Sock
The Trans-Tibial Molding Sock is made from polyester and Lycra and impregnated with a water curable resin. The socks are provided in 3 widths to cover the application of both its use as a component of a post-operative rigid dressing or for obtaining a negative mold to either scan or use as a fabrication mold for a residual limb.
Features and Benefits:
- Socks simply “unroll” quickly and easily
- Virtually eliminates all wrinkling and provides excellent conformity
- Eliminates any roping
- Very light weight
- Easily removable
- Consistent ley quick and easy application compared to wrapping with either fiberglass or plaster
- No guess work as to how tight or loose to apply casting tapes
- Eliminates inconsistent application as is possible with figure of 8 technique
- In only 5 minutes after cure time, 90% of strength is achieved.
- Stronger resin formulation allows immediate shipping or scanning without damaging casts.
- No more concerns about plaster clogging drains or getting on your clothing, furniture or floor.
- No more cast cutter.
- No more staff time wasted cleaning room.
- No more need for special “casting rooms”.
- No more waiting until the next day to ship the cast to your central fabrication laboratory.
- No more special packing of plaster casts to prevent damage during shipping.
Trans-Tibial sock used in a post-operative rigid dressing